Identity Resources is a majority black women-owned mining company based in South Africa and was established jointly with Sipho Mofokeng in 2011 as an investment vehicle focusing on opportunities in the mining resources sector.
About Identity Resources:
- Identity Resources is a partnership between Identity Partners, a black-women led investment company and Jase Investments, a black-owned investment company with geology and mining expertise.
- Our aim is to include black participants in the mining sector through involvement in equity participation, operations and board positions.
- Our long-term strategy is to build a diverse, multi-commodity black-owned and managed resources company.
- The short-term strategy is to focus on investments in selected assets, which would then be supported by operational and managerial capabilities in the medium term.
- Identity Resources offers exploration and mining services.
- We identify and invest in lucrative mining projects, including, inter alia, Black Economic Empowerment transactions and early-stage mining projects.
- Our key resource-focus is in coal, manganese, iron ore, PGMs, chrome and copper.
Identity Resources has concluded the following investments:
- Vizirama – 26% in a chrome pre-feasibility stage project in the Western Limb of the Bushveld Complex, South Africa.
- Idada Gold Project – 30% in a gold exploration project in the Barberton area, Mpumalanga, South Africa.
- Identity Exploration – a partnership with Zebra Investments to acquire and develop exploration projects in South Africa.
- Advanced Benefition Technologies – a controlling stake in a minerals processing business.
- Identity Regime – 65% in a Coal Beneficiation and Trading business.
- Madini Mining – a controlling stake in a coal reserve and wash-plant.
- Clear Asset Africa – 12.5% shareholding in an online auction company that provides a trusted marketplace for moveable assets in the mining, construction, maritime and aviation industries.